ACP (Annual Church Profile) Help Page
Receiving Your Packet: You will receive it each FALL (unless otherwise notified)
*It may come in the mail to your church, pastor, or ACP person.
*It may be delivered to your church office.
*It can also be picked up at the BBA once the packets are ready. (You will be notified when they are ready for pickup)
What's in my Church Packet?
(This will included dates due, username/password information, and what is including in the packet)
*ACP Statistical Profile Sheet
* Leadership Information/Profile Sheet
*ABSC: Total Receipt worksheet. This is provided to assist church treasurers in providing for the financial portion of the ACP Statistical Profile worksheet. (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RETURN THIS DOCUMENT WITH YOUR ACP PAPERS)
*ABSC Instructions on registering for the ABSC messenger cards. The Arkansas Baptist State Convention Messenger Registration information for registering online for the ABSC Annual Meeting. If you do not have internet access and are planning to attend the ABSC Annual Meeting you can call the BBA office at 226-7533 or stop by and I can get you registered and print out the cards for you to take to their annual meeting. OR you can call the ABSC as instructed on the information sheet for assistance. (DO NOT SEND THE REGISTERING MESSENGERS SHEET BACK WITH YOUR ACP PAPERS)
*The BBA Messenger Cards will be available to download on our website at Bartholomewbaptist.org under the “Annual Meeting Forms” on the top menu or you can go to http://www.bartholomewbaptist.org/annual-meeting-forms.html and get to the forms directly. Please fill out the RSVP form and download and print out the messenger cards. The RSVP form helps us know how many people will be attending the meeting so we can share this information with the host church. The messenger cards MUST be downloaded, printed, filled out, signed, and brought to the BBA annual meeting in order for your church messengers to vote during the annual meeting. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS I will have messenger cards available at the BBA office at 212 West Central, Warren for you to pick up for your church. And if you need extra cards, there will be some available at the BBA table during registration at the Annual meeting but again your moderator or church clerk must sign the cards. If you church is not attending the meeting, please try to fill out the RSVP form online to let us know. IF you are attending re attending the BBA Annual Meeting, the signed messenger cards will NEED to be taken to this event in October. (DO NOT SEND THE REGISTERING MESSENGERS SHEET BACK WITH YOUR ACP PAPERS or THE MESSENGER CARDS)
** There may be an additional papers in your packet if you have to complete numbers 9-13. It is the Total Receipts page and the Total Mission Expenditures page. These are tools to help you break down the information to put on your ACP paperwork. You do not have to return these 2 tools with your paperwork to the BBA. If you received these pages and do not need to complete numbers 9-13, just ignore them.
When is my ACP Paperwork Due: FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER!
*Official dates will be in your ACP packet information from BBA.
*** Please make sure you are PROMPT in getting your information into the computer or to the BBA! If you do not notify the BBA that your paperwork is finished online or mailed yours in by the due date, then we will contact you...possibly repeatedly.
How do I complete my ACP Paperwork?
* You can complete it on paper and mail the copy into the BBA with a note that states you have not entered the information online and you would like us to do that for you.
*You can go to ar.sbcworkspace.com and complete the ACP Statistical Profile and Update your Leadership Information Profile.
Username and Passwords:
* Your username and password will be on your ACP Statistical Profile at the top right.
* If for some reason you loose your username or password, please contact BBA via telephone 226-7533
Why this is important:
*The answer is two-fold. First, just like with the school system or anything else, the amount of money that comes to the state from the Southern Baptist Convention is based on numbers. Secondly, the data is used to look at “what’s working and what’s not” all across the board. Your church’s individual data is not scrutinized. It is lumped with everyone else in our association and state to see what we may need to improve or change. So, please do not feel that this is some kind of “Report Card” for your church. It is not; it is a chance to help the Arkansas Baptist State Convention improve or change things that may or may not be working in our area. So please do your best to gather up the correct information to include in your ACP paperwork.
Need Additional Help:
* First please review the information below
*Second if after reviewing the information below and you still need help, please contact us. You can go to our contact us page for the information.
How to fill out your paperwork.
About the Statistical Profile Worksheet....
**If your church is smaller (with an average Sunday School enrollment of 50 and below) then you only need to answer questions 1-8.
** PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY ON YOU PROFILE SHEET
1. Total Members: This includes non-residential and residential members.
* Non-Residential members: These are people on your membership who do not live close enough to attend. This can be college students who do not live in the area, people who live in two different areas or states (i.e. Elderly living at home for six months and six months in England), or this (depending on your church) could include shut-ins (those who can not get out).
* Residential members: Those who do live close enough to attend.
* Do not include those individuals from your congregation that are a part of any church type mission.
2. Residential Members:
* Those who live close enough to attend
3. Total Baptisms: These are your total baptisms for the previous year; from last years when you completed your ACP to the present or your church year. For example: September 2015-August 2016.
Next we need a break down of the ages. Again its those from the last fall when you completed your ACP paperwork or during your church year.
A. 11 years old and younger
B 12-17 years old
C. 18-29 years old
D. 30 year and over
* if you do not have any baptisms please make sure you put a ZERO in the blank both online and on paper.
4. Other Additions: These are the numbers of people who joined your congregation that were not through a baptism, via letters or statements. (For example: John Smith joined through a letter from First Baptist. You would put the number of those who joined this way in the blank).
5. Primary Worship Service: This is your AVERAGE number of people attending your worship services.
6. Year Senior Pastor Came: This is the year you voted it your Senior or Main Pastor to your church. (For Example: Bro. Smith was voted in October 2009. You would fill in 2009 as the year he was voted in) * If you do NOT have a current pastor, please leave this blank.
7. Average Sunday School/Bible Study/Small Group Attendance: This is your average amount of people attending the Bible Study, small group, or similar group. This includes everyone from babies to senior citizens. A total amount.
8. VBS Enrollment: IF you had a Vacation Bible School Program then we need to know the total number of persons who were enrolled in the VBS.
Numbers 9-13 are typically for churches with an average Sunday School of 51 and above. If you have 50 or less you may stop after number 8.
9. VBS Professions of Faith: Total number of those making professions of faith during your VBS program.
10. Mission Project: Total number to individuals of any age from your church that participated physically in a mission project (world changers, disaster relief, baptist builders, connection, etc.)
Next we will break it down by locations.
A. Local Missions: Total number who did physically participated in Local Missions
B. State Missions: Total number who did physically participated in State Missions
C. U.S. and Canada Missions: Total number who did physically participated in U.S. and Canadian Missions
D. International Missions Total number who did physically participated in International Missions
11. Undesignated Receipts: Total amounts of money given to the church that was not designated to something. It is what is usually put in the general fund account for the church to vote on how the money is spent.
12. Total Receipts: This is the total amount of ALL money received by the congregation. This includes the undesignated receipts and any other money given to the church.
13. Total Mission Expenditures: This is the total amount of money given to any/all mission causes, including SB church type mission (Church Plants), to associations, state conventions, Southern Baptist Convention, Annie Armstrong, Lottie Moon, Dixie Jackson, etc.
** There may be an additional paper in your packet if you have to complete numbers 9-13. It is the Total Receipts page and the Total Mission Expenditures page. These are tools to help you break down the information to put on your ACP paperwork. You do not have to return these 2 tools with your paperwork to the BBA. If you received these pages and do not need to complete numbers 9-13, just ignore them.
EXAMPLE OF STATISTICAL PROFILE
About the Leadership Profile Worksheet...
The purpose of this worksheet is to keep the Arkansas Baptist State Convention and your local association updated on your church's leadership information.
1. Who to include:
This depends on your church, but the main ones I usually tell everyone is we need to know any paid positions (Pastor, Associate Pastor, Music Minister, Youth Minister, Children's Minister, Secretary, and etc.)
Another one that is beneficial to have is your ACP Contact Person. This allows the BBA to contact this person if the information is incorrect, needs to be updated, or had not been completed. Also, the church clerk and church secretary (volunteer). It helps us in case we need to contact your church or offices.
And if the are any additional volunteer workers, it is up to your ACP person as to whether they want to add these individual in on their records or not.
2. Ones to leave blank:
If you have not had a pastor for a couple of years, then just leave it blank. If you do not have a Music, Youth, or Children's Minister, just leave it blank. Basically, if you don't have that position filled or you don't want to add a person into this position on your ACP paperwork, just leave it blank.
3. Deleting/Adding a Position:
If your pastor has left since the previous fall, then you need to make sure his name has been removed from the list. You can do this online at ar.sbcworkspace.com with your username and password.